Thursday, November 08, 2007

Giblets



Well, what a fun few days. Just returned from overnight stay in hospital having had my tonsils whipped out along with a bit of my soft palate, a couple of turbinates trimmed and my buckled septum refashioned. Maybe when its all healed my voice will sound like Charlton Heston rather than Woody Allen.

Everyone (including my anaesthetist!) told me how terrible the post-op pain was going to be- but it wasn't THAT bad. Cheers to my ENT -or as 'Dr Nik' refers to himself on the Simpsons -"Doctor of the Head Holes".

I'm having pretty vivid dreams - particularly detailed in a visual sense- probably from the Tramadol- although nothing unfortunately that would inspire great art like a good heroin addiction would (see Heroes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddaya think?